unity. harmony. concord.
The opening of the Historical Register states:
"The idea of forming a Lodge for the accommodation of Commercial Travellers, arose from casual conversation between brothers Claffy & Dingle. Concluding that other commercial travellers desirous of attending their Lodges would find relief in the formation of a Lodge designed to meet at convenient seasons, these brethren discussed the matter with others of their own profession & it was decided to call a meeting with a view to gaining the desired end."
It is reported that the above casual conversations were held in a hotel room in Lethbridge.
A result of those meetings, on May 29th 1921, Rt. Wor. Bro. John Gillespie, the District Deputy Grand Master, finding all conditions required by the Constitution had been met, signed the Petition for Dispensation, and at a meeting held on June 18th 1921, "...it was finally decided that the Lodge should be known as Concord Lodge"